22 Years After He Was Dumped In The Trash As A Baby, He Didn’t Expect To Meet This Person

22 years after he was dumped in the trash as a baby. He didn’t expect to meet this person. Troy Sours doesn’t have much experience on the ground. He only graduated from the FBI Academy about eight weeks ago. But when he gets the call that a twoday old infant named Stuart Rembert has been kidnapped, he sets out to solve his first major case.

And by the end of that day, back in 1997, he is the little one safe in his arms. A happy ending for both the new FBI agent and the distraught family.

Fast forward 22 years since source has spent his career climbing the ladder in the FBI. He became the field officer in charge of the bureau’s Knoxville office. Through it all, though, one case has always stayed with him. That baby boy he found by a dumpster one fateful day in 1997 and yet so far removed from the case that kickstarted his career, towers had no idea with whom he’d crossed paths in 2019. He wouldn’t initially recognize the little one that he had saved.

After all, he had spent 22 years growing up and living his life. But Sours and member did find each other again for a poignant and emotional reunion.Troy Sours came from a multifaceted background, both educationally and professionally, speaking here in bachelor’s degrees in theology and accounting, and worked in an accounting firm as an auditor.

But Sowers also signed up with a US Air Force serving for four years. Sauers also studied at the Naval Postgraduate School, where he received a master’s degree in homeland security studies. This training pointed him toward what would become his lifelong career. He entered into the FBI Academy, from which he graduated in August 1997. Sowers’first post would be at the Seattle field office.

More specifically, Sours ended up as a field agent in the Tacoma Residency Agency, with a focus on, among other things, whitecollar crime, violent crime and terrorism. This feat brought him one of his first big cases. Just two months after he got the job the abduction of a twoday old baby named Stuart Rember. In August 1997, Melinda Cohen gave birth to her son, Stewart, at St. Clair Hospital, located south of Tacoma.

Just hours after bringing the baby into the world, Cohen told TV station Kira Seven that a woman came into her room around 01:30 A.m., identifying herself as a nursery nurse and wearing a white lab coat. Hospital employees noticed a new doctor on the floor that night, too, but they said she appeared to be OK with the layout of the hospital. Plus, she said she worked as an army medic and that she’d been page requesting her attendance. When the white coat clad woman entered the obstetrics unit, she reiterated her fake persona and staff let her in. The woman claiming to be a doctor, then entered Cohen’s room and told a new mum that she would take Rembert off her hands, Cohen recalled.

She said she was a nursery nurse and they were going to take Rember to the nursery so I could get some sleep. The woman then placed the newborn in a mobile cradle and wheeled him away. Within 90 minutes, hospital workers realized something terrible had happened. They found the empty cradle discarded by one of St. Clair’s exits.

Soon, they realized who Baby remarked, had been the one who disappeared, and police issued an artist’s impression of the mysterious doctor who appeared to have taken him. The next day, a nearby shop worker stopped a woman who’d come into the store with an infant, as well as two girls. He suspected her of stealing but had to let her go because he couldn’t prove it. Later on, another staffer realized that the suspected thief might have already taken something infinitely more precious. The day before, the employee had seen the police sketch of Robert’s kidnapper and realized that she’d come into the shop with a baby in tow.

He knew it was the wanted woman from a very particular facial feature, he later said. She smiled at me and I recognized a jagged teeth. Luckily, after the alleged shoplifting incident, the employee who temporarily detained the woman had recorded what her vehicle looked like. He shared the news of the authorities, and within hours they spotted the car and the suspected kidnapper. But 30 yearold Kimberly Kirchhoski didn’t have a newborn baby in her charge by the time cops founder.

In fact, Scratchowski initially denied taking Rembrandt from his mother’s hospital room. It would be her daughter, perhaps one of the two with her at the store who would tell police the truth. The 13 year old cracked during questioning and told the cops that her mother had indeed snatched the newborn boy. The teenager revealed that Kirchhoski had come home with a newborn. The tale the mum told her little ones, was that she’d purchased the baby boy for $500.

But when Scotchowski realized that the story had made the news, she lost her nerve and left the helpless baby behind. A store beside a trash bin backed into a corner. Skrzewski eventually told investigators where she left the newborn Rembrandt. The tiny baby had been laid in a cardboard box ditched next to the waist. Receptacle scorchowski also revealed the reason why she had taken the two day old boy in the first place.

In her guilty plea, Kurchowski said, she’d snatched from her because she could no longer bear children. However, she thought a baby would be the only way she could save her marriage, her desperation leading her to kidnap the newborn. Still, she claimed that she hadn’t preplanned the crime. Prosecutors saw things differently, though they argued the detailed approach to abducting Rembrandt proved that skirtsky had thought through every step in advance. With this in mind, the state’s legal team requested an exceptional sentence of ten years for skirtszki’s wrongdoing, to which the court eventually agreed.

As a fledgling FBI agent in the Tacoma area, Source played a big part in finding Rembrandt safe and sound. In fact, he played a pivotal role in ensuring the newborn Swift returned to his parents. Firstly, he’d helped convince Kirchhowski to tell authorities where she planned to leave the defenseless baby. Still, Source recalled in 2019 that learning Rembrandt’s location hadn’t fully eased his mind. He worried that the newborn wouldn’t be alive when they reached him.

As Source recalled a TV station, NBC News, in August 2019. I’ve always remembered that night when I picked him up with the two day old member gave Sours a sign that he was okay, the FBI agent described. He was not crying, but he just kneezed right into my neck and I knew he was fine. It wouldn’t have been that way without his and the rest of the bureau’s work, Source told an Oxford News Sentinel newspaper in August 2019. His chances of survival would have been pretty slim if we hadn’t found him that night, for Source, the rescue hit home.

His daughter was young at the time, too, he told Armed Forces news website Military.com in August 2019. This is what I came to the FBI for, to do good things like this. We’d found him, he was alive. He was going to be returned to his parents. It doesn’t get any better than this, Source went on to say.

Working a kidnapping case in the FBI is a quintessential thing that people think about the FBI. When you find the victim and the victim still alive, it’s a great day, and one of the senior agents knew that. According to NBC News, someone pulled Sours aside to say, you’ll never do anything better than that. Sours may not have realized that when medical crews arrived to take Rembrandt from Sour’s arms and back to his parents. But the FBI agent never forgot the case he solved so early in his career.

In fact, he always wondered what happened to Rembed. He’d always assumed he’d never see the boy again. Going forward. The case also helped inspire new methods for securing hospitals in their maternity wards, Rembrandt told KIRO seven. From what I’ve been told by my parents, they did develop a new type of bracelet that newborn babies wear that alerts hospital staff when a baby’s been removed.

And thanks to Sours, Rembrandt had the chance to grow up and live a fruitful life. Despite his dramatic start to life afterwards, Rembrandt didn’t dedicate much time to thinking about his kidnapping. It had been a devastating ordeal for his parents, but he, of course, had been blissfully unaware of the incident. He told KIRO seven, I’ve lived a relatively normal life, so I don’t really have any reason to dwell on the past. Interestingly, Rambert had taken a similar path to that of Sours, the man who had saved his life.

Sauer’s early career had seen him enlist in the USAF for four years. In a strange parallel, by 2019, a 21 yearold Rembert had become a Corporal in the Marines, taking a post at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina. For Rembrandt, a career in the military made sense. His father, John, had served in the Navy, his sister had served in the Air Force, and his brother had joined the Marines, too. As member told Military, it was only natural.

I grew up loving hearing about everything the military did in the 22 years since he rescued the future Moraines. Source career had evolved, too. After working for the FBI’s Tacoma resident agency for eight years, he earned a promotion to the counterterrorism division. This change brought him across the country to work at FBI headquarters situated in Washington, DC. Three years later, Sours once again headed west, this time to the Sacramento field office.

In his California post, he oversaw the international terrorism squad. Then he ascended to the role of assistant special agent, taking charge of intelligence programs. And in 2018, Sauers took the helm at the Knoxville field office, where he ended his career as a special agent in charge. Through it all, though, Sours always remembered Renford and the kidnapping case. At the start of his career, his colleagues got wind of the story when Souwers mentioned it in a work meeting, he told Military.

And on my final supervisor’s meetings, I commented that I felt like I’ve had a pretty solid career. In the first couple months, I pulled a baby out of a box with Zad Sour’s coworkers. FBI agents, remember, got to work in finding the person who’d saved in 1997. It didn’t take long to locate Rember through Facebook, and the agents decided to include his Taylor Sours retirement party, the veteran agent told NBC News. It was probably one of the best prizes I’ve ever had.

In fact, according to the FBI’s website, Source had only anticipated a retirement celebration over Donuts and coffee. But as it turned out, his colleagues had called up Rembrandt and asked him to come to the party, too a request that had surprised the young Corporal, to say the least. But he agreed to attend Sour’s retirement party. I hope to give this man a good handshake and a hug for my parents. And in accepting the invitation, Rembrandt found himself contemplating what the FBI agent had actually done for him.

As Revert told NBC News in August 2019, he owed Source a big debt of gratitude. He said, I’m going to meet the man that saved my life. It’s crazy to think that without his efforts, I wouldn’t even be here today. I’m just super excited and honored to meet this man today. So Rembrandt waited in the wings as the retirement party for Source began.